Bag in box
Bag in Box
Bag in Box is a new type of packaing for wine and oil. Recently we’ve introduced bag in box for the sell of bulk wines (Marche IGT Bianco, Marche IGT Rosso, Marche IGT Merlot and Verdicchio di Matelica DOC).
- Bag in box consist of a plastic bag enclosed in a cardboard box and equipped with a tap for emptying. The bag is filled without air. During emptying, the air is prevented from entering as the liquid is spiked. The bag consists of a plastic food material that protects wine from light, air and any other type of gas or external contaminant; It is equipped with a special valve that prevents air from passing through even after opening.
– the wine must not be poured;
– the taste of the wine are maintained from the first to the last sip, since there is no contact with the air or the passage of light;
– the container is easily transportable (light, unbreakable, durable, manageable, stackable);
– the format is comfortable and compact, also suitable to be put in the refrigerator.
HOW LONG DOES THE WINE IN THE BAG IN THE BOX CAN BE STORED?
Thanks to the synergy between the bag and the valve, even after the opening of the package, the wine is preserved from contact with the air, light and other external agents, so it can be stored in the open package for 4 or even 5 weeks without quality must suffer significantly. On the other hand, regard to closed packages, the best before date is 6 months.
Our wines that you can find in the bag in the box are:
– 5-litres box bag: Marche IGT Bianco, Marche IGT Rosso, Marche IGT Merlot;
– 10-litres box bag: Verdicchio by Matelica DOC.
From an ecological point of view both components are totally recyclable: the inner bag must be disposed of with plastic while the outer cardboard should be thrown into the paper container.